In 1948, Al and Ann Bigej proudly opened Al’s Fruit Stand. Housed in an unused chicken coop along Hwy 99E in Woodburn, Al began selling fruit and produce to local residents and tourists who traveled along the highway.
Al’s Garden Center is a third generation owned-and-operated local business. Established in Woodburn, Oregon in 1948, Al’s is now the largest full-service independent garden center in the Willamette Valley. Through its three retail stores, Al’s provides an extensive selection of plants, plant care essentials, garden accessories, outdoor furniture and home décor.
Al’s Garden Center currently employs more than 200 employees with three local growing facilities, a 6-acre garden center in Woodburn, a full-service garden center in Gresham, and a 10.5-acre garden center in Sherwood.
Al’s Garden Center believes in supporting our local communities. We take pride in being a good neighbor and doing our best to respond to the needs of those around us. Al’s demonstrates this support by making donations every year to local schools, churches, community gardens and many other non-profit organizations that surround our three store locations.