Hemlock Bark (Bulk)
- 1/2 yard: 566 lbs.
- Yard: 1131 lbs.
This mulch blend contains mostly fine hemlock, which is darker in appearance than plain fir bark. It also has fewer slivers making it great for gardeners, and families with children or pets. In addition to providing an attractive darker colored contrast to lawn or shrubs, when used as a mulch/groundcover, hemlock blend helps retain moisture, thwart weed growth, and prevent erosion.
- Bulk is available for Pick Up or Delivery at our Sherwood and Woodburn stores.
- Delivery is currently scheduling two weeks out.
- Quantity Requirements for Delivery: Minimum 3 Yards - Maximum 8 Yards.
- Each variety of bulk material requires a separate delivery fee.
- For Delivery please leave a note at Check Out and someone from the Al's Team will contact you to set up delivery and collect the delivery fee.
- Delivery prices are pictured as product image on this page.
- For Pick Up please follow the instructions in the pick up e-mail and we will provide further instructions upon arrival at the store.
- If you would like more information before placing your order please contact us.
How Much Product Do I Need?
Calculate how many cubic yards are needed by using the following formula:
- L = length (in feet)
- W = width (in feet)
- D = depth (in inches)
- (L x W x D x .083)/27 = cubic yards
By The Numbers
- 27 – one cubic ft. bags = 1 cubic yard of product
- 13.5 – two cubic ft. bags = 1 cubic yard of product
- 9 – three cubic ft. bags = 1 cubic yard of product
- 4 X 4 ft. raised bed 1 ft. deep requires .6 yards
- 4 X 8 ft. raised bed 1 ft. deep requires 1.2 yards
- 8 X 10 ft. flower bed 2 inches deep requires .5 yards
How Should I Pick It Up?
- Compact Truck - (Chevrolet Colorado – S10, Ford Ranger, Toyota Tacoma)
- Dark Hemlock: ½yard
- Half-Ton Truck - (Chevrolet 1500, Dodge Ram 1500, Ford F-150, Toyota Tundra)
- Dark Hemlock: 1½- 2 yards (bed size allowing)
- Three-Quarters Ton Truck - (Chevrolet 2500, Dodge Ram 2500, Ford F-250)
- Dark Hemlock: 2 yards (bed size allowing)