I've made this apple crisp recipe for years because I didn't think it could get any better. But I've found that using Al's Exclusive Ice Apples in this recipe takes this crisp to a whole new delicious level! Pick up some Ice Apples from Al's and make this sweet dessert at your next holiday gathering.
- 7 Large Al's Ice Apples
- 1 TBS Lemon Juice
- ¾ cup White Sugar
- 3 TBS Cornstarch
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- ¼ tsp Ginger
- Pinch of Cardamom
- ½ cup All purpose Flour
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup White Sugar
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- ¼ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ tsp Nutmeg
- 1/3 cup Cold Butter, cut into cubes
- ½ cup Rolled Oats
- Preheat the oven to 350 ° and grease a 13x9in. baking dish.
- Peel, core, and slice Ice Apples into ¼ inch slices. Place cut apples into water with the lemon juice.
- In a large bowl add Sugar, Cornstarch, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Ginger, and Cardamom.
- Drain the apples and add them too the bowl with the sugar and seasonings. Mix Well.
- Once everything has been mixed thoroughly together add the apples to the greased baking dish.
- Set apples aside while you work on the streusel topping.
- Mix the first seven streusel ingredients in a mixer on low.
- Add the Butter and Rolled Oats. Mix on medium until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Take a handful of mixture and squeeze it to compact it. Crumble over top of crisp.
- Place Apple Crisp into the center of the oven. Bake for 45 minutes or until top is nice and brown and the filling is starting to bubble on the edges.
- Adding the Lemon Juice to the cut apples will help keep the apples from browning.
- Adding cornstarch to the apple mixture helps to thicken the liquid that the apples would produce and it keeps your crisp from becoming soggy.
- For an optional topping you can melt caramels on top of the streusel to add a caramel apple flavor to your crisp - because who doesn’t love caramel apples?
I liked the above recipe Holiday IceApple Crisp.
There is no mention of the number of apples used in this recipe. If u can give the # of apples needed or # of cups of apple slices needed would be help full! Iam very much interested in making this for this Thanksgiving 2022
How many apples are used for this recipe? Ie. weight or number of apples.
Leave a comment