Delight your Taste buds with Jack (Al's son) Ice Applesauce made from Al's Exclusive Ice Apples.
- 1/2 C water
- 1/2 C sugar
- 10 medium Ice Apples
- Nutmeg & cinnamon to taste
- Core, peel and remove seeds from 10 medium Ice Apples.
- In a large microwavable safe mixing bowl, add water, sugar and Ice Apples.
- Microwave on high for 40 minutes, or until the Ice Apples are soft.
- Using a potato masher, mash the Ice Apples by hand until they have reached the desired consistency.
- Add nutmeg and cinnamon to taste and mix thoroughly.
Get ready to experience the delicious sweetness of Ice Apples. Named for their crystallized center, Ice Apples are the last apples picked for the season. By picking them the last days of October, the center becomes crystallized and the apples become the sweetest, juiciest apples you’ll enjoy this season!
Ice Apples are not found in grocery stores but will be available at Al’s Garden Center while supplies last. They are Fuji apples, so outstanding crispness is paired with delectable sweetness to make these one-of-a-kind apples an irresistible snack.
The dessert quality and unique flavor of Ice Apples makes them extremely versatile. They are great eaten out of hand, sliced up in salads, served as before dinner appetizers or after dinner snacks. Try slicing one up and serving it with a wedge of your favorite cheese. However you eat them, you are sure to enjoy the flavor that can only be found in an apple that is ripened to perfection on the tree. Enjoy Ice Apples while supplies last!
Check out our other Ice Apple recipes!